ICT and innovations are key drivers for economic growth and solving important societal issues. Here, cooperation between government, industry and knowledge institutions is essential. The SME ICT Innovation Working Group aims to increase SME involvement in public-private cooperation.
The advantages for SMEs of (regional) cooperation on ICT innovations are:
- speed (multiple parties work together on one solution)
- lower costs (investments are spread across multiple parties and public funds are often brought in)
- creation of total solutions (more parties can come up with better solutions together, with attention to legal aspects and cooperation throughout the ecosystem)
- knowledge expansion (accessing the most up-to-date knowledge and bringing it into the company)
- government support (working on ICT issues and innovations with the policy wind at its back)
Team dutch digital delta, the support team for Topsector ICT, brings together business, government and knowledge institutions in innovation coalitions around opportunities for key technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, blockchain, cybersecurity and Future Network Services.